- There are 5 houses in five different colors.
- In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
These five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a
certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or
drink the same beverage.
The question is: Who owns the fish?
(Jump to the solver | Can't work it out? Show the solution)
- the Brit lives in the red house
- the Swede keeps dogs as pets
- the Dane drinks tea
- the green house is on the left of the white house
- the green house's owner drinks coffee
- the person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
- the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
- the man living in the center house drinks milk
- the Norwegian lives in the first house
- the man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
- the man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill
- the owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks beer
- the German smokes Prince
- the Norwegian lives next to the blue house
- the man who smokes blend has a neighbor who drinks water
How to use the interactive solver
- Use your mouse to drag each item within its row until all lines are green
- Solid lines define direct relationships
- Two-headed dotted lines define neighbours
- Animated dotted lines define a left-right relationship
- Once all the lines are green, find the fish, and the person who owns it